Why Should You Opt for Low-Pressure Injection Molding?
Low Pressure Structural Foam Injection Molding
It is a manufacturing method in which the melted polymer is used to manufacture the different types of parts with the help of an inert gas. This process is usually known as Low Pressure Structural Foam Injection Molding. It is one of the most used manufacturing processes because the production in this process is done with low pressure and hence, the density and weight of the final product is usually very lower than other methods. This method provides many benefits and some of them have been mentioned here so that you will be able to know the best option for you.
- One of the most important benefits of the Low Pressure Structural Foam Injection Molding is that the weight of the final product is usually lower by 10-30% than compared to other manufacturing methods.
- Lower weight doesn't mean that the product will be weak. The products manufactured through this process are usually strong and stiff. Thus, the product will have the highest strength-to-weight ratio than other production methods.
- Not only the light-weighted and the solid products, but you can manufacture large and complex parts too through this method.
- Low Pressure Structural Foam Injection Molding should be your first choice if you want to manufacture such products on a large scale because multiple molds can be run at the same time in this method.
- Apart from this, you can also use two different materials and colors during the injection molding process.
- Do you know that the used plastics can also be used in this process? Yes, and that is why it is a cost-effecting method of manufacturing strong and light-weighted parts.
These are the key advantages of low pressure injection molding process which make it the most reliable manufacturing method.