Key Benefits Of Structural Foam Molding

Structural foam molding is a widely used low pressure injection molding process in which an inert gas is injected into melted polymer for the purpose of reducing weight and density of the end product while enhancing its strength. The lower pressure and forces involved in the process allow more economical molding equipment to be utilized resulting into high productivity of very large parts or producing multiple parts on a single machine in a single cycle comparatively lower price in comparison to the conventional injection molding.

The structural foam injection molding process utilizes a molten resin that has been injected with a chemical blowing agent or nitrogen gas. This blend is then injected into the mold, where the gas or the agent expands and efficiently fills the mold with foam. The surface cells collapse, when the foam flows through the mold, producing solid skins against the walls of the mold. The core of the part remains structurally foamed. 

The overall weight of the part is reduced by up to 20 percent as the outer skin is solid and the center of the wall is foam. The parts made with this process are sturdier and thicker than any other processes and have minimal warpage. Shanghai iMolding is a trusted manufacturer of custom parts and products, delivering custom parts as per the requirement of the clients across the globe including the United States, Japan, Korea and other places of the globe.

Source - http://www.apsense.com/article/the-ins-and-outs-of-the-structural-foam-molding-process.html


Comments

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding the Process of Zinc Die Casting

Know Why Healthcare Industry is Embracing Plastic Injection Molding China

Why is Thermoplastic Injection Molding a Better Choice?